Big Island Hawaii Hotel -- Kona Village Resort
This Big Island Hawaii Hotel is located on the sunny Kohala Coast. The Kona Village Resort is one of the most unique accommodations in Hawaii.
To give guests a truly relaxed vacations and provide a feeling of "old Hawaii", there are no telephones, televisions, or radios in the guestrooms...actually their guestrooms are thatched roof bungalows called hales (pronounced ha-lays).
This may be the closest thing that Hawaii has to an "all-inclusive" resort because meals are included here...delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals are served at two restaurants (one is pictured below) within the resort. They also have arguably the best luau on the island on Wednesday and Friday nights (Kona Village Luau).
Here is the serene grounds...
They offer many activities within the resort (listed below) so there are people who actually come here and don't leave this Big Island Hawaii hotel.
Here is the inside of a hale...
Amenities, Services, & Information:
- 2 restaurants
- 2 pools
- These activities are complimentary:
- Use of tennis courts (including racquets and balls)
- Fitness facility and sauna
- Ocean equipment such as snorkel gear, kayaks, sailboats, boogie boards, and surfboards
- Outrigger canoe excursions
- Arts and crafts such as shell hunting and lei making
- Historical, botanical and petroglyph tours
- Ping pong and Shuffleboard
- Children's program for 5 - 12 year olds
- Hammocks scattered throughout property
- These amenities are complimentary:
- Fresh flower lei and tropical punch arrival greeting
- Island-inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner served oceanfront
- Wednesday & Friday evening Aha'aina – (luau) dinner & show
- Tuesday evening Paniolo (cowboy) Night BBQ
- Nightly entertainment at Bora Bora Bar
- Tuesday evening General Manager’s Cocktail Reception
- Thursday evening Honeymooner's Sunset Mai Tai Reception (excluding holiday periods)
- Box lunches or lunch voucher for select island restaurants
- Coffee and pastries for early risers
- Complimentary laundry facilities: washers, dryers and detergent
- Complimentary self-parking
- Internet access (from Concierge Services office only)
- Lending library of books & novels
View Larger Map
Note--This map is interactive...Use the navigation buttons to move the map, and zoom-in & zoom-out. You can also click and drag with your mouse. To reposition the map to its original position, simply refresh this page on your browser.
The resort is divided into three different areas called "Sand", "Lava", and "Lagoon". Within these areas are different categories or types of hales. Check their website listed below or call your travel agent for rates.
Phone: (800) 367-5290, (808) 325-5555
Return to Big Island Hawaii Hotel Guide.