Maui Vacation Guide
Looking for a Maui Vacation Guide? Allow me to be your very own personal Maui Vacation Planner.
Maui has some very lofty titles...
- Voted "Best island in the world" by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler magazine for eleven consecutive years.
- Voted one of the "World’s best islands" by the readers of Travel & Leisure magazine for six years.
Those are some pretty impressive credentials! Another way to put it would be simply what locals say, "Maui No Ka Oi!" or "Maui is the best!"
What does a Maui vacation have to offer you? I say, "A perfect balance of the Hawaiian experience." Growing up on Oahu, I always thought of Maui as a happy medium. There is less action than Oahu, but there is still a nightlife as well as great dining, shopping, and of course, beaches.
Maui is known as "The Valley Isle". It is the second largest Hawaiian island with an area of 727 square miles. Maui is 48 miles long and 26 miles wide. It has a population of 120,000 making it the third most populated island behind Oahu and the Big Island (Hawaii).
When I think of Maui, the first thing that comes to my mind is the island's most prominent landmark, Haleakala Crater. I think part of the reason is so many Hawaiian musicians have paid tribute to this mountain in their songs...But the other part is Haleakala's incredible attributes.
It is the world's largest dormant volcano with an elevation of 10,023 ft. In Hawaiian, Haleakala means, "House of the Sun"...
Watching the sunrise from its summit is an experience that you will never forget. I always return to do it when I go there.
Sound like hype? Mark Twain described it this way, "It was the sublimest spectacle I ever witnessed, and I think the memory of it will remain with me always." Enough said...See for yourself in the video below...
But there is so much more to Maui vacations than majestic Haleakala...Keep reading my Maui Vacation Guide to see the best that Maui has to offer:
- There is the winding (and I mean winding) road to Hana, and its lush rainforest.
- I love historic Lahaina town which used to be an old whaling village.
photo courtesy of Stephen A. Ness, (c) 2004
- Speaking of whales, the waters off the west coast of Maui are probably the best place in Hawaii to watch whales.
- Don't forget 'Iao Valley Park in West Maui. It is home to the 'Iao Needle, a rock formation shooting 1,200 ft. into the sky.
- Maui is home to some of the best resort areas in the world that are like towns themselves.
- With over 80 beautiful beaches, Maui has the most swimmable beach miles of any of the islands.
- Enjoy the culinary adventure (Hawaii Regional Cuisine) that awaits you...Maui has some truly exquisite restaurants.
Does this sound like a place you would like to visit?
Ready to see "the best island in the world" firsthand?
Keep reading my Maui Vacation Guide...Let's get started!
Need help finding the perfect Maui accommodation? Let me help you.
Maui Hotel Guide
Maui Condo Guide
If you are looking for a Maui vacation rental, check this site for a great selection and prices.
If you are looking for a Maui Bed & Breakfast, talk to Brigitte at Be Back Hawaii.
My Maui Vacation Guide will show you the best things to do on Maui.
Maui Activity Guide
My Maui Vacation Guide will tell you about my favorite places to eat.
Click here for the best Maui Restaurants.
Find YOUR favorite Maui beach in my Maui Beach Guide.
Maui Golf Courses | The Best Places to Play
Would you like the best Maui guidebook I've seen?
Need a personal Maui Vacation Planner to help you? Contact a knowledgeable Hawaii Travel Agent...Me!
Return from Maui Vacation Guide to Home Page.