Oahu Accommodation -- The Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach
This Oahu accommodation is Outrigger's flagship (best) hotel located right in the heart of Waikiki on the beach.
The Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach hotel is centrally located with the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center next door, and is across the street from the International Marketplace.
It is also only a short 10 minute walk from the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, and the Waikiki Aquarium. Duke's Canoe Club, a very popular beachfront restaurant/bar is onsite as well as the Society of Seven dinner show.
Travel & Leisure calls it one of the Top 25 resorts in Hawaii and one of the top 35 family-friendly hotels in the United States.
TripAdvisor ranks it in their Top 20 Hawaii hotels and the Hawaii Tourism Authority gave it their Kahili Award for programs that offer authentic Hawaiian cultural experiences.
Amenities, Services, & Information:
Here is a partial ocean view room...meaning you have to go onto the lanai (balcony) to see the ocean. Oceanview means you can see the ocean from inside the room.
- 3 restaurants (Hula Grill, Chuck's Steak House, and one of my favorites, Duke's Canoe Club)
- Full service spa (Waikiki Plantation Spa) with rooftop sundeck (pictured)
- Children 17 and under stay free
- Business center
- Child-care on request
- Coin-operated laundry
- Concierge services
- Fitness center
- Live Hawaiian entertainment nightly at Duke's
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary wireless internet access in lobby, meeting rooms, and pool area
- Complimentary wired internet access in rooms
- Free local calls
- Free calls to mainland U.S. and Canada
- Vow renewal ceremony (complimentary)
- Cultural activities (complimentary)
- In-room safe (complimentary)
- Coffee maker with coffee and tea
- Smoke-free property
- Valet only guest parking for $25 per day
...and the catamaran ride leaving shore...makes you just wish you were on that boat doesn't it?
View Larger MapNote--This map is interactive...Use the navigation buttons to move the map, and zoom-in & zoom-out. You can also click and drag with your mouse. To reposition the map to its original position, simply refresh this page on your browser.
TIP--Click on the Sat button within the map to see a satellite view of this property.
Note--Duke's is one of the best places to hang out in Waikiki and they are open till midnight. If you are looking for peace and quiet, this may not be the best option for you (another reason to use a knowledgeable Hawaii Travel Agent!).
Doesn't bother me though...I love falling asleep with the windows open...feeling the gentle tradewinds and listening to the surf with Hawaiian music in the background.
Return to Oahu Accommodation.