Big Island Hawaii Hotel -- Royal Kona Resort
This Big Island Hawaii Hotel is located on twelve oceanfront acres in the heart of Kailua-Kona town. The Royal Kona Resort is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants of Kona.
Although this Big Island accommodation is oceanfront, it does not have a real beach. However, there is a saltwater lagoon for swimming (pictured below).
There are three towers within this Big Island Hawaii Resort...the Bay Tower, the Alii Tower, and the Lagoon Tower. The Bay Tower was renovated in 2001, and the Alii & Lagoon towers completed renovations in 2007.
Here is a partial ocean view room in the Alii Tower...
Here is an oceanfront room in the Alii Tower...
Here is the oceanfront pool...
All photos courtesy of Royal Kona Resort
Amenities, Services, & Information:
- 2 restaurants and on-site luau (Lava Legends & Legacies Polynesian Luau)
- Oceanfront pool
- Protected saltwater lagoon
- Massage and Spa Center
- Fitness Club
- Tennis Courts (Royal Kona Tennis Club)
- Self-parking is $10 per day
View Larger Map
Note--This map is interactive...Use the navigation buttons to move the map, and zoom-in & zoom-out. You can also click and drag with your mouse. To reposition the map to its original position, simply refresh this page on your browser.
- Bay Tower Standard--$130
- Bay Tower Partial Ocean View--$140
- Bay Tower Ocean View--$155
- Bay Tower Oceanfront--$175
- Bay Tower Corner King--$190
- Alii/Lagoon Tower Ocean View--$180
- Alii/Lagoon Tower Oceanfront--$235
- Alii/Lagoon Tower Corner King--$265
People rarely pay the rack rates...For the best rates on Big Island Hawaii accommodations, call a knowledgable Hawaii Travel Agent...me!
Phone: (800) 222-5642, (808) 329-3111
Return to Big Island Hawaii Hotel Guide.