Planning Your Perfect Hawaii Vacation
Planning your Hawaii Vacation should be fun…a lot of fun! I will do my best to make it easy and fun.
Whether you like to research and plan everything yourself, or
if you are looking for a professional and knowledgable Hawaii travel agent
, you should be able to find everything you need in this site.
I get so excited with anticipation knowing you are going to have the time of your life…and love Hawaii like I do!
From the moment you get that first fresh breath of island air to recounting the memories on your way home, I hope you cherish every second of it.
Okay, here we go…
Sidebar--All of the links that you will be clicking on this page will open a new window in your browser. This will make it easy for you to read about something and then come right back to continue planning your Hawaii vacation. That means you may have to disable your pop-up blocker if you have one.
- Choose an island(s) for your Hawaii vacation
Read about each of the islands on the menus to the left or click on them below and see what appeals to you the most.
Here are some guidelines that will help you get started.
- For a metropolitan feel with some seclusion, go to Oahu. Also, if it is your first visit, I would recommend Oahu because it has a little bit of everything.
- For a little less action, go to Maui. For even less action than Maui, try the Big Island. To downshift one more notch, Kauai may be your best bet.
- For total seclusion and privacy, I would suggest either Lanai, or Molokai.
Although Oahu is the main airport in Hawaii, many airlines do offer direct flights to Maui, Kauai, and the Big Island. However, I suggest you try to stick to one (or no more than two) island(s) per week to avoid wasting your time at airports (especially after 9/11).
Don't feel pressured to "see it all" in one visit…you can always come back…and you will want to…:-)
You are in paradise so the point is to relax, right? Slow down, and slip into "island mode".
Having trouble deciding? Please contact me at any time!
Sidebar--One exception to my suggestion above is taking a Hawaii cruise. Ever since my wife and I took a cruise for our honeymoon, I have been a huge fan of cruises.
On the downside, you don't get to spend much time on any one island. However on the upside:
- You get to see a liitle bit of all the islands...from the beautiful vantage point of the ocean.
- You will really get a good feel for each of the islands which will help you know which one(s) you would like to visit again.
- They are the ultimate vacations for relaxation...No worries about driving around or getting from here to there...No worries about finding a place to eat.
- They are perfect for couples on a Hawaii Honeymoon or people planning a family vacation or family reunion.
- They provide great value...A one week Hawaiian Cruise can cost less than staying at a hotel or condo...and all that wonderful food is included!
If you would like more information on a Hawaii Cruise, please contact me.
If you are going to be visiting more that one island and are in need of interisland airfare,
check my Hawaii Airfare page.
Decide when to go on your Hawaii vacation
Flights To and Within Hawaii
When is the best time to go to Hawaii? When is the weather the best? When can I get the best deals? Great questions! I’ve got them covered here.
Do you need a flight to or within Hawaii? Over the years, I’ve done a ton of research trying to figure out the ins and outs of Hawaii airfare.
Let me share with you what I have found, and save you valuable time and money.
If you need accommodations and possibly a rental car as well, you can usually get a better deal if you get some sort of Hawaii vacation package. You can get air, room, and car in any combination.
If you would like a quote from a good Hawaii travel agent on a vacation package, please contact me.
Do you need lodging for your Hawaii vacation? Hawaii has a vast array of accommodations for everyone. They include world-class luxury resorts, budget hotels, condos, vacation homes, and bed & breakfasts.
Let me help you find the perfect place to stay in Hawaii.
Transportation in Hawaii
What modes of transportation are available in Hawaii? How are you going to get around to see the amazing beauty of Hawaii?
Click here to find out the best ways to get around in Hawaii.
Well, that covers the basics of planning your Hawaii vacation.
As you click on the different islands on the left menu bar, you will find my recommendations for activities & attractions, restaurants, beaches, and golf courses for each island.
Be sure to check out my
“About Hawaii Page”
which will give you interesting facts about Hawaii. It will also give you some background information for your trip.
You may also find my
useful. There you will find health & safety tips, money saving tips, travel tips, and Hawaiian pronunciation tips (so you sound local when you get there…:-).
I hope you have found this page helpful in planning your Hawaii vacation.
Remember to contact me if you are interested in my services as a Hawaiian Vacation Specialist.
Return from Planning Your Hawaii Vacation Page to Home Page.